San Diego, CA
Customer Facing Retail Analyst
Springboard is the leading provider of data and intelligence on customer activity in stores and destinations. From customer counting and demographic profiling through to sentiment tracking, our services monitor customer behavior at the finest level of detail. We work with brands, malls, property owners, downtowns, and industry associations across the UK, Europe, and North America.
We provide data that allows our customers to make informed decisions backed by accurate, immediate, and insightful data. This data is delivered back to the customer in a variety of formats: through our online dashboard, via standard or bespoke pdf reports, or via a data feed. In addition, we offer analytical service to our customers, providing insights to enable them to implement actions that boost performance.
Due to the expansion of the business, Springboard currently has a vacancy for an experienced retail analyst in its San Diego office. The role is customer-facing and requires you to not only have exceptional analysis skills but also be able to communicate the results of your analysis to a varied audience.
A typical week at Springboard will see you supporting our customers by:
- Assisting customers with their requests for bespoke analysis.
- Helping customers understand their data and reports and how to use them to manage their business and increase their ROI.
- Training customers on the use of bespoke Springboard software.
- Building bespoke interactive reporting using a combination of SQL, Excel, and PowerBI.
- Responding to their ad-hoc queries in a timely manner often liaising with your colleague in other teams (and other countries) to find the solution.
The successful candidate will therefore require strong technical skills and experience. You will fit into our analytical team if you:
- Are extremely numerate and happiest when crunching numbers and looking for insight into the data.
- Can communicate effectively to a variety of audiences (with differing levels of numerical ability, both internally and externally).
- Have a logical approach to problem-solving.
- Have extensive experience using the standard Microsoft Suite of Software (office, outlook, word, PowerPoint).
- Have advanced Excel skills that ensure you are an expert at manipulating data and building reports (e.g. pivot tables, complex formulae, dashboards, macros, formatting templates). Preferably these skills have been used in a retail environment, but not essential.
- Have experience in building and maintaining interactive reports using PowerBI.
- Can demonstrate experience of a database language such as SQL so you are able to obtain your data directly from our data warehouse.
At Springboard we want you to take the initiative. You will match the personal profile we are looking for if you:
- Have an adaptable can-do attitude
- Are organized and can multitask effectively
- Have strong attention to detail
- Can self-manage workload and meet varying deadlines
- Are a great team player and support your colleagues
- Have great communication skills
Other important information
Your contract is for a 40-hour week, but you will need to be flexible depending on the business needs.
You will work closely with the UK teams, so initially, at least 3 days to be worked 7:30 – 3:30 to overlap with their office hours. You will also provide holiday cover for the UK team (which they will reciprocate) and occasional out-of-hours assistance to UK customers.
You will be based in San Diego but will travel throughout the US to visit clients and tradeshows.
You will be required to travel to the UK office for your initial Springboard training.
The role reports to the Head of Data and Analytics (based in the UK), but you will be in daily contact with the US sales and Operations teams. There are currently no requirements for supervising others.
Within Springboard we promote an environment of progression, training, and reward to achieve a great place to work.