Let us connect you to the right person

Find Us

Milton Keynes

Libra House, Sunrise Parkway
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
MK14 6PH

+44 845 359 2835

Directions

Boston

Springboard Research Inc.
75 State Street, First Floor,
Boston MA 02109

+1 646 453 7675

Directions

San Diego

Springboard Research Inc.
2829 Historic Decatur Road,
San Diego CA 92106

+1 646 453 7675

Directions

SB.News

Swedish Midsummer Bank Holiday insights: June 2019

27 June 2019

Midsummer’s Day occurred on Saturday this year, and pedestrian counts declined by -3.7% from the same Saturday last year (21st June 2018). In part, the drop in ped counts was a consequence of a strong comparable on Saturday last year, with an annual rise in footfall of +7.4%. So over the two-year period from 2017 footfall on Saturday over Midsummer has risen by +3.7%. 

On the Friday before Midsummer’s Day, the trend in pedestrian counts has been more consistent, rising annually in the past two years. In 2018 the number of visitors on Friday rose by +13.3% which was then followed by a rise of +3.7% on Friday this year, so a total rise of +17.0% on Friday over the two-year period. 

Midsummer’s Day is clearly a time when many consumers take the opportunity to participate in events and activities outside of retail destinations as ped counts dropped on both Friday and Saturday this year from the same days of the previous week – by nearly 60.0% on Friday and 40.0% on Saturday.

Sign up to receive more Swedish insights, delivered to your inbox.

Read prev

ATCM Summer School 2019

Read next

Revive & Thrive Conference