Milton Keynes, UK
Business Development Manager, UK
Springboard is the UK’s leading provider of location-based bricks-and-mortar intelligence on customer activity in stores and destinations.
From customer counting and demographic profiling through to sentiment tracking, our services monitor customer behaviour at the finest level of detail. We work with retailers, shopping centres, property owners, high streets, and industry associations across the globe. We are renowned for our data accuracy, innovative technology, and tailored solutions.
We are recognised as the market leader in delivering data to track the performance of high streets, with our service spanning footfall counting, sales tracking, Wi-Fi tracking and benchmarking. The growth of Springboard’s high street business to date has been exponential, and this has led to the identification of even more opportunities for growth that it wants to capitalise on. Springboard currently operates in over 300 towns and cities across the UK, but it has identified significant opportunities for continued growth.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team of motivated, creative, and talented individuals working to deliver unrivalled service and insights to retail destinations. The driving force of our success is our determination to grow our business, ensuring our customers become our partners.
Springboard is looking for a self-starter to develop and maintain the UK sales pipeline across our High Street portfolio. You must be commercially aware with experience in working with data. Lead generation is a key part of the role with a focus on converting them into new business sales. You must possess a strong passion for sales, upselling opportunities, and account management.
If you are ready to advance your career and have knowledge of how High Streets and Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) operate, have worked in Local Government or for a BID and understand the importance of measuring data, footfall and excited by new technology then we want to talk to you.
Key elements of the role
The high street sector is complex, with many and frequently changing influences that impact on the needs of clients. A key element of this role is the ability to understand these influences, and to be able to incorporate and utilise them in order to meet the needs of high street clients. This comprises of:
- Securing new high street clients through direct sales activity and networking
- Management of existing high street accounts without the key objectives of maximising customer satisfaction with our existing service so that contracts are renewed, and upselling of new services are obtained
- Enhancing the scope and quality of our services to high street clients – identifying new opportunities and testing and developing concepts that will generate future sales growth
- Strategically collaborate with internal teams to leverage strengths, expertise and account/market knowledge to develop and execute action plans that expertly anticipate and exceed client expectations
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain key client relationships by having regular contact with all assigned accounts
- Communicate and disseminate client requests to internal teams and manage client expectations
- Escalate and manage any problems that arise
- Springboard is seeking a self-starter who thrives on autonomy and the challenge of developing long term client relationships.
- Candidates who can demonstrate experience of the retail sector and/or town & city centres will be considered favourably
- The role is UK wide field based which may include overnight stays. Candidate will base themselves from home but must be able to go to the Milton Keynes office for a full working day when required (usually 2-3 days a month).
£38,000 plus commission & car allowance
This role offers the successful candidate huge opportunity for personal and professional growth, as Springboard welcomes and actively encourages the contribution of new ideas and concepts to its existing service delivery.