Who we are.
Springboard is the leading provider of data and intelligence on customer activity in stores and destinations. From customer counting and demographic profiling through to sentiment tracking, our services monitor customer behaviour at the finest level of detail. We work with brands, malls, property owners, downtowns and industry associations across North America and Europe.
We are renowned for our data accuracy, innovative technology and tailored solutions. We can utilise existing CCTV hardware, negating the need for costly and lengthy implementation, or install our own proprietary hardware. And our tailored reports deliver clear insights that enable clients to act with speed and confidence.
You have the exciting opportunity to join our team of motivated, creative and talented individuals working to deliver unrivalled service, insights and to retail, malls and downtowns . The driving force of our success is our determination to grow our business, ensure our customers become our partners and our eclectic team. At Springboard we’re focused on constant and never-ending improvement, so you can expect to develop professionally and grow with the company.
Who are we looking for?
This position requires a self-starter to develop and maintain a sales territory to increase top line revenue and bottom line results. Must be business savvy and excel at cold calling, generating leads and closing business deals. You must possess a strong passion for sales. Our commission structure will offer you a high earnings potential.
If you have worked as a retailer or in malls or downtowns, and crucially, understand the importance of measuring store and destination performance, and the value this derives, we want to talk to you.
Work Hard, Play Hard
We are always looking for talented and passionate people who are ready to advance their career within a transparent, fun and thriving workplace. We work hard and have fun doing it. From Happy Hour to go-karts, beer tours to ping pong at the office – we believe in celebrating hard-work and success!
Business Development Manager:
- Establish and build successful and meaningful relationships with our clients
- Relentlessly pursue business opportunities within new companies and while collaborating with your Account Management partners to strategically expand and upsell existing relationships
- Proactively generate business opportunities through continual communication with prospects and clients via cold calls, warm calls, strategic emails, networking events and social media
- Strategically collaborate with internal teams to leverage strengths, expertise and account/market knowledge to develop and execute action plans that expertly anticipate and exceed client expectations
- Smartly parlay relationships with existing client and industry contacts to secure new business referrals
- Maintain customer relationships through meetings, networking, consultative sessions
- Identifies decision makers, influencers and key buying points
- Spot trends/identifies opportunities within an account
- Understand the proposed strategy and is able to suggest tactical changes as per the changing business environment or client requirements
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain key client relationships by having regular contact with all assigned accounts, gaining trust and having hard conversations
- Act as one of the key interfaces with the client when dealing with escalated issues
- Communicate and disseminate client requests to team and manage client expectations
- Escalate and manage any problems that arise
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with all assigned accounts
- Share your excitement when your clients succeed and help them find success when they struggle
Supervisory Responsibilities and Work Hours:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is a full-time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Preferably a background in either retail, mall or downtown environment.
- Advanced computer knowledge, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as data entry, word processing, and transcription.
- Experience of working with CRM systems.
- Relevant college certification/degree preferred.
Our head office is in San Diego - applicants can work remotely on the West Coast of America, and must be willing to travel within North America to meet potential customers.
Commensurate with experience, please indicate your salary requirements in the cover letter.